On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Greg Hewett wrote:
> My experience has been that cyrus fails over pretty clean.  Depending
> on the number of users, it might not make sense to reconstuct the
> databases at a time of fail over.

OK, thanks for the information - I've got some more questions:
- "fails over pretty clean": Did you have any trouble with failover yet?
- What failover software do you use?
- Could it happen that DB3 files (like /var/imap/mailboxes.db) get
destroyed when a server crashes and these files are open for writing?

btw: What about a "redundant-Cyrus-server-setup-HOWTO"?

--
        geetings,
        Klaus Jähne