From: "Emiliano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> > The way cyrus works is that it shows the Date the message was delivered
> > the mail spool by reading the date from the file system for its received
> > date to show to the IMAP mail clients.  Cyrus doesn't parse the first
> > Received header to get the received date.

DISCLAIMER: the above may not be entirely correct, but is what I have seen
when manually putting messages into a folder in the imap spool directory (cp
msg <imap spool>/user/name/folder/<msg number>.) and running reconstruct on
that folder.  If you "touch <msg received date> <imap
spool>/user/name/folder/<msg number>." after placing the message in the
folder and  before using reconstruct, the mail client will show the correct
received date, otherwise it shows the date the message was placed in the
folder.

> Weird... I used cyrdeliver to migrate my maildirs to cyrus and all dates
> looked OK. Hmm. Maybe the mailclient I use does the sorting here, making
> my mailboxes look OK after the migration.

That's possible that your mailclient uses a different way of obtaining the
received date.  If you try OE, it will show the received date on the message
you migrated as the date the message was placed in the folder.

Scot