--On jeudi 22 novembre 2001 11:22 -0500 Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quoting Ludovic Bellier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> hello
>>
>> I tried to open a connection to my sieve server :
>>
>> > telnet localhost sieve
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to localhost.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.0.0"
>> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
>> regex"
>> OK
>>
>> I'm afraid because the documentation says that I must have this message :
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>  "CMU Experimental Sieved version 0.99" "SASL={GSSAPI, ANONYMOUS, PLAIN,
>> KERBEROS_V4}"
>
> The documentation is old.  It has been updated in CVS.
>
>> I do not have any SASL tag in my server response.
>> What's the problem ? Any idea ?
>
> You probably don't have any SASL mechanisms available.  Does IMAP or POP3
> shoudl any mechs?

you was right, my sieve server was not able to find the sasl lib, because the lib path was not correct.
Now I obtain :

> telnet localhost sieve
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.0.0"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress regex"
OK

so I tried to log in by using the installsieve program, it asks my password but it does not work :
Unable to connect to server at /usr/local/bin/installsieve line 121, <STDIN> line 1.
I'm sure that my password is correct, because I'm able to connect to the imap server. I tried passwd method and sasldb method, both does not work.

I tried to connect manually :
> telnet localhost sieve
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.0.0"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress regex"
OK
authenticate "plain"
{0}

what should I do next ?