Just to say that this is also a problem for us. Our email addresses are
case insensitive, and I can be mailed as [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or any other combination. Users complain about having
to put their mail address into the vacation facility at all - and are not
at all happy about having to put in all likely combinations of upper and
lower case.

In fact, even when the local part of addresses is case sensitive, I think
it would be better to do a case insensitive match for purposes of deciding
eligibility for a vacation message. After all, if the message is delivered
(so the envelope recipient address is correct) and has a to/cc/bcc header
that satisfies a case-insensitive match, under what circumstances could it
be wrong to send a vacation message?

If that is not agreed, perhaps there could be a configuration option for
the vacation facility to do a case-insensitive match?

John.