es>   Q: how do other people cope with troubleshooting problems of cyrus
es> (and mainly sieve)? Are there any tools that I am not aware of? Is it
es> getting better (the above is with older cyrus/sieve (test is from
es> 2.0.16, real sieve from 1.6.x, but says 2.0 in X-sieve header).

In the source distribution you'll find a test.c in the sieve
directory.  Try compiling that and run it with a "-v" against your
sieve script, as in:

 ./test -v default.script

I believe there is activity going on at CMU to create a byte
compiler for Sieve scripts.  Perhaps that will be a bit more verbose
about script errors.

--
Amos