Lawrence Greenfield wrote:

>    From: Amos Gouaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>    Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:18:11 -0600
>
>    >>>>> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:41:27 -0500,
>    >>>>> Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (km) writes:
>
>    km> As Cillian stated, you can proxy as the user, so doing this in perl or
>    km> some other scripting language is fairly easy.  Alternatively, if you
>    km> want to do this outside of the IMAP protocol take a look at fud.c, which
>    km> is a finger-type service that tells you the number of unread messages in
>    km> the INBOX and the last time the users read his/her INBOX.  This should
>    km> be a good starting point for writing your own utility.
>
>    Is there any reason why this fud client can't be put into contrib?

The piece that I was talking about is the actual fud daemon which is
already in the distro as imap/fud.c.  This is the piece which grabs the
info directly from the mailstore (outside of IMAP).  If you were going
to write your own tool to fetch seen state, this is what I would start
with.

If you actually want the client piece of this client/server service,
then Larry addresses that below.

> Well, the only client we have is tightly tied to our finger
> implementation which is tightly tied to our LDAP environment, etc.
>
> If I get time I'll try to extract out the fud stuff and throw it into
> contrib (bug #1151).
>
> Larry

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127