From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Susan Feng
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 5:42 PM
To: Ed Sanborn
Cc: Cyrus INFO
Subject: Re: Security certificate message.

Ed Sanborn writes:

>We are using Cyrus version 1.6.24 on a Solaris 8 system.
>As of last night our Outlook 2000 clients that use POP3 and
>SSL to connect are receiving the following message every time the
>client checks for email:
>
>    "Internet Security Warning
>
>        The server you are connected to is using a security certificate
>        that could not be verified.
>
>        A certificate chain processed correctly, but terminated in a
>        root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
>
>        Do you want to continue using this server?
>
>                  yes / No"
>

>Any ideas why the clients would be displaying this message?
>Is there anything I need to do to the Cyrus mail server?

One  possibility, if you are using a self-signed certificate AND mail clients
are (upgraded to)  Outlook  6. It seems that  OE 6  doesn't like self-signed
certificate, it will complain every time it connects to the mail servers.

Susan
--
Susan Feng (aka. Xueshan Feng)

Technology Strategy and Support, ITSS