Thanks, I got it to work finally, created the cert via:

openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -nodes -config /usr/lib/ssl/openssl.cnf \
  -out /usr/cyrus/cyrus.pem -keyout /usr/cyrus/cyrus.pem

then added these lines to my imapd.conf file:

tls_ca_path: /usr/cyrus
tls_ca_file: /usr/cyrus/cyrus.pem
tls_cert_file: /usr/cyrus/cyrus.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/cyrus/cyrus.pem

and boom, it's working this way... now i have another question but
I'll put that in another topic..

thanks all, good group here

Jeff