> Ana B. D. schrieb am Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 10:14:23AM +0100:
> >
> > I have too cyrus-imap 2.0.16 and cyrus-sasl 1.5.27 and I have the same
> > problem.
> > Does somebody know the solution?
> >
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > I've searched forever int he archives and on the web for this, and
can't
> > > find a clue that helps:
> > >
> > > I just installed Cyrus-imap 2.0.16 (and cyrus-sasl 1.5.27, both with
the
> > > berkeley db 3.1) on my redhat 6.1 server, and I am pretty positive I
> > > followed the HOWTO to the letter, but now when I try to telnet in, it
just
> > > hangs after the escape character prompt. Like so:
> > >
> > > $ telnet localhost imap
> > > Trying 127.0.0.1...
> > > Connected to localhost.
> > > Escape character is '^]'.
>
> This can happen because of numerous reasons.  Look, cyrus' master process
> acts a bit like superdaemons as inetd/xinetd are.  It sits on the
configured
> ports (see /etc/cyrus.conf for them) and upon incoming connection it
starts
> up the configured processes like lmtpd, imapd etc. and hands the
connection
> over to them.
>
> So the problem you face here is: master cannot start up the process at
port
> "imap".  Look up /etc/cyrus.conf which process that is (presumably
> "<somepath>/imapd").  Does this file exist?  Can it be invoked with
*exactly*
> the command line you specified in /etc/cyrus.conf?  What does your log
files
> show?  It is most common - I had it often myself - that there are hickups
in
> imapd's config file.
>
> Regards,
> Birger

Thank Birger, but  the imapd file exist. When I try "telnet localhost imap"
the file imapd.log show this:

Mar  8 11:12:38 xxxxx master[16859]: [ID 392559 local6.debug] about to exec
/usr/cyrus/bin/imapd
Mar  8 11:12:38 xxxxx service-imap[16859]: [ID 518349 local6.debug] executed

The process is started but It don't  reply.