I have been looking in the archives, but I suspect I am not picking the
correct combination of keywords.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the following scenario:

    1/3 of my users are currently employees or students--they need accounts
on my mail server and so would authenticate with the unix password file.

    2/3 of my users are alumni, and only need a mailbox. In fact, I don't
want them to have an account on the mail server. So they would authenticate
with sasldb.

Can this be done with a combination of the features of cyrus? I have
currently:

HP-UX 11.0
cyrus-sasl 1.5.24
cyrus-imapd-2.0.16
db-3.3.11

I won't be able to upgrade to the newest imap, since I just upgraded to 2.0
at Xmas, and had really major performance problems with the Berkeley part,
and had to go to flat files. (So my bosses won't let me bring down the mail
server again to do this.). BUT, their bosses want to add the alumni mail
accounts into the system, and I have to come up with plan.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
c*