On Tue, 07 May 2002, Jeremy Howard wrote:
> Most MTAs are pretty good about this. However, when using an IMAP client
> to move messages between accounts (e.g. drag and drag in Mozilla,
> Netscape, Outlook Express, etc) the source account may well store the
> "From " in the message even although the MTA did not send it like this.

Well, the correct answer to that one would be to remove the "From " header,
maybe rewriting it to Delivered-To:, I think.  The "From " header is
supposed to keep the envelope recipients, and should never be sent to any
MUA, only to the MDA.

But any rewriting must be done if, and only if "From " is the very first
header, otherwise, the entire thing must be junked.

It is very strange that users should get that header when downloading the
message through the imap server.  Was this one of M$ crappy ideas as always,
or someone else botched up for a change, I wonder...

  Henrique Holschuh