Jeff Bert wrote:

> When I use the unixhierarchy/altnamespace options in imapd.conf I can't
> create sub-folders in the main inbox but I can create folders outside the
> main inbox and then create subfolders in those.  When I turn
> unixhierarchy/altnamespace off then I can create subfolders in the main
> inbox but not outside of it.
>
> I'm pretty new to imap... is this correct behaviour?

Yup.  This was mainly done for forward/backward compatibility.  Cyrus
uses one internal representation of the folder hierarchy internally, and
allowing both subfolders of INBOX and toplevel personal folders would
have made the code a big mess (speaking as the person who wrote the
altnamespace/unixhiersep code).

Keep in mind that these options are mutually exclusive (ie, you can use
one without the other).

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127