Scott M Likens wrote:

> *sigh*
>
> Telnet to your imap port and please verify that the STARTTLS command
> exists...

He already verified that it does NOT exist, by looking at the output of
the capability response.  If its not listed, it ain't gonna work not
matter what you do.

> Easiest way to do that instead of doing . logout
>
> do . starttls
>
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK shell Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.4 server ready
> . starttls
> . OK Begin TLS negotiation now
>
> like that
>
> *bleh*
>
> Stop using imtest like a golden rule folks.  Use an ACTUAL mail client to
> test things!!!!!!!

Bullshit!  He's doing the right thing by using imtest because its
simple, has both STARTTLS and AUTH support, and shows both the client
and server input/output.  Unless you have a client which shows you the
complete telemetry, all you are going to get it either success or
failure, without much idea of why it failed.

> --On Wednesday, May 22, 2002 12:58 AM -0400 Lee Hoffman
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Here is my imapd.conf:
> >
> > configdirectory: /var/imap
> > partition-default: /var/spool/imap
> > admins: adminuser
> > sasl_pwcheck_method: PAM
> >
> > tls_cert_file: /var/imap/server.pem
> > tls_key_file: /var/imap/server.pem
> >
> > (/var/imap/server.pem exists and is readable by the cyrus user)
> >
> > ok running:  'imtest -t "" -u lee -a lee -r servername.com
> > servername.com' gets auth working, but still no STARTTLS:
> >
> > C: C01 CAPABILITY
> > S: * OK servername.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16 server ready
> > S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID
> > NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
> > THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE
> > S: C01 OK Completed
> > Password:
> > C: L01 LOGIN lee {8}
> > + go ahead
> > C: <omitted>
> > L01 OK User logged in
> > Authenticated.
> > Security strength factor: 0
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Lee

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127