Lee Hoffman wrote:
> This is VERY weird!!! When I telnet into the mailserver on 993:
> No commands works, yet it says that its connected! '. logout' does
> nothing, '. starttls' does nothing etc...

The "Hacker Test" that floated around the net several years ago hat the
two questions:

+++ Can you whistle 300 Baud?

If you have to answer "No" to these questions you should probably also
refrain from trying to do telnet connects to a SSL service. Not only
because the math is quite hard to do in your head, but even more so
because you cannot enter all the necessary octets with a normal
keyboard. You would have whistle them (in 8,n,1) into a phone connected
to a modem.

But seriously: 993 is the imaps port and it is the whole point of imaps
that plaintext connections don't work.

Yours, Florian Hars.