Jonathan Marsden wrote:
Are you recommending that RH 8.0 users running Cyrus should downgrade
their BDB libraries to a 3.x RPM set for db3 (perhaps as supplied for
RH 7.3)?  Wouldn't that tend to have adverse consequences for other
software (Sendmail comes to mind) which expects them and which might
well be on a Red Hat 8.0 mail server along with Cyrus?
I think a lot of people would recommend you stay away from RH 8.0 for production servers. Not that I know of any particular problems... it's just that there's a lot of bleeding-edge stuff that hasn't proved itself as far as I'm concerned.

IMHO, if you want a reliable Cyrus server on RedHat, use RH 7.3 or "Advanced Server" with all updates applied.