Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
For Linux:
  1. Heavily tested and debugged AND patched BerkeleyDB 3.2, stay away from
     4.x for now.
     (i.e. use the ones from RedHat or Debian, not upstream).
  2. Linux stability patches for Cyrus (see the Debian Cyrus package :-)
     Cyrus upstream source works wonderfuly on Solaris, but not in Linux.
     I think some of the RPMs distributed by people in this list have many,
     if not all the patches recommended by me and the fastmail.fm crew.

I tried those stability patches and they didn't help. The only thing that stopped lmtp from hanging was switching from db3_nosync to skiplist. What are the advantages of using db3_nosync over skiplist?