Craig Ringer wrote:

This is much better.  I'd probably put the mechanisms outside of the
libsasl box, since they are (almost always) loaded dynamicly.

OK.

NTLM can use either Windows NT networking or the auxprop plugins.

I don't quite get you there. I'll have a deeper look into the NTLM support and see if I get a better understanding of it.

The NTLM plugin can either pull the user's password out of an auxprop plugin and generate/verify the challenges/responses itself (like CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5), or it can proxy the challenge/responses between the client and an actual NT/Win2K/Samba server.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127