TN wrote:

Ken Murchison wrote:

I'm not an Exim expert (in fact, I've never used it), but from reading Philip's post, it appears that Exim will not pass AUTH= unless it has authenticated to lmtpd (although RFC 2554 states that this is not required). By pre-authing lmtpd (lmtpd -a), you're preventing Exim from authenticating, unless you can find a way to tell Exim that it can use the EXTERNAL mechanism. My guess is that if you remove the -a option (and connect via TCP) that Exim will do what you want.

Hi Ken, thanks for the feedback.

I thought the same as you & Philip, but if I remove pre-auth, then lmtp offers no AUTH mechs at all.

The you probably have a SASL config problem.

-- Kenneth Murchison Oceana Matrix Ltd. Software Engineer 21 Princeton Place 716-662-8973 x26 Orchard Park, NY 14127 --PGP Public Key-- http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp --- Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu List Archives/Info: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/mailing-list.html