Ben Carter wrote:
Etienne Goyer wrote:

Tore Anderson word of wisdom where :

  There's a third option, which is the one I prefer the most:  shared
 block device.

Well, I did not consider that option since the SAN become a single point-of-failure, and that is a big no-no according to the specifications I have at the moment.

If it would have been possible, it would have been my first choice though.

Do you consider the SAN a SPOF even if you have multiple paths to it from each server and it has no internal SPOF? If so, isn't your cluster or your single physical location a SPOF?

Two location, a single path (20 Mb/s) between the two. Thinking about it, the SPOF is actually the link between the two location. The situation is pretty much toasted as there cannot be a fully redundant setup. Case closed !

On a similar note, RedHat have apparently bought Sistina, and GPLed GFS. This is great news for HA under Linux, IMHO. I will be testing it soon.