On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Michael Nguyen wrote:

From: "Igor Brezac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Michael Nguyen wrote:

[snip]

OK.  You need to setup syslog severity level for auth facility to debug.
This will give you a few more messages in the syslog.

Igor,

I want to first thank you for all of your help and direction.  The debug
logs pointed me in the right direction and I can now authenticate:

testsaslauthd -u michaeln -p password2 -f /var/run/saslauthd/mux/mux
0: OK "Success."

However, I'm having trouble getting Cyrus to find the location of the
maildir.  I have Postfix setup with LDAP routing.  The LDAP entry for the
above test user is as follows:

# [EMAIL PROTECTED], dev2, test, spam
dn: [EMAIL PROTECTED],dc=dev2,dc=test,dc=spam
objectClass: top
objectClass: MailAccount
accountStatus: TRUE
uid: 1000
userName: michaeln
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailMessageStore: m.sub/i.sub/michaeln.macnt/
mailHost: dev2.test.spam
clearPassword: password2
userPassword:: cGFzc3dvcmQy

Postfix is working such that the mail store for [EMAIL PROTECTED] is
/var/Accounts/m.sub/i.sub/michaeln.macnt/

postfix must not be used as an MDA (mail delivery agent) when used with cyrus. Setup postfix for lmtp. See postfix docs.

How do I get Cyrus to "know" what directory to look in for this user's mail?
I'm looking at the imapd.conf man page and I don't see a value that matches.

You do not need to know this information. Cyrus (via lmtp) will 'drop' messages to the appropriate location on the file system. If you really want to know where the physical location of each mailbox is use 'mbpath' utility. (Do not try to change user's mailbox manually because more than likely you will corrupt the mailbox)

--
Igor
---