Hi everyone,

Paul Boven wrote:
I've discovered these two in my cyrus imapd logs:

IOERROR: mapping cache file for user.root: Value too large for defined
data type
FATAL: failed to mmap cache file

Either Cyrus or the underlying Berkely code isn't large-file aware: this error was apparently caused by the cyrus.cache for this mailbox being 2GB in size. I've removed the complete contents of the mailbox (apx. 627.000 files, so that did take a while) and the cyrus files, then did a reconstruct on the (now empty) mailbox.

Versions:
Cyrus-Imapd 2.2.12
Berkeley-db 4.1.25
Solaris 9

No downtime, and I don't think we should really consider it a bug that Cyrus can't handle that many messages in a mailbox. And I hope that the performance will improve now that it doesn't try to store mails into that mailbox anymore.

Regards, Paul Boven.