--On February 2, 2006 1:01:57 PM -0800 "Chad A. Prey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All,

I am about to realize my dream of having a cyrus email server with Fibre
Channel SAN storage. Could any of you out the that's got one of these
beasts RUNNING IN PRODUCTION tell me your setup and overall results?

I am thinking about starting off with two cyrus frontends, in an active
passive failover using drb. However, I would much rather use multiple
frontend boxes behind a load balancer in a n+ active active
configuration.

Why drb when you've got the SAN? Use stonith or other utilities to make sure the 'perceived dead master' is offline and then mount the filesystem on the passive slave.

For load balancing we use murder, about 15k or so mailboxes.

Our big problem is backups though really. heh. :)

Chad Prey

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler