Hi Eric,

--On 6. Januar 2012 15:00:44 +0100 Eric Luyten <eric.luy...@vub.ac.be> wrote:

To give you an idea : 73k users, 508k mailboxes, 4.5 TB of messages, 48M
messages.
In an additional effort to grasp the dynamics of our central mail system
(when hosting over 10k users it pays to have regular reporting and
statistics produced) I discovered that no less than 66% of messages
reside in Inboxes. Which is extraordinary, given the fact that POP3 users
number less than 10% of the total. (We are a mixed IMAP/POP shop, for
historical reasons.) If more messages were to be found in sub-mailboxes,
metadata conversion load would have been more distributed in time, as
mailboxes are accessed.

that's interesting. I guess we're pretty much in the same boat, but I don't have the numbers to prove it. Can you share the scripts you use for reporting?

Cheers, Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.