On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:57:52 +0200 Andrzej Adam Filip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

AAF> Could you recommend short "HOW TO" about linking specific external
AAF> article washing script to emacs/gnus menus?
AAF> [the long way is to use: Article/Washing/Unix pipe ... ]

AAF> P.S.
AAF> I post in UTF-8 to news hierarchy where *some* [...] ignore encoding
AAF> properly declared in headers and assume ISO-8859-X.

Is the washing script to do the encoding conversion or for something
else?  You should be able to do encoding conversions in a recent Emacs
release without external tools.

I think there's a hook for what you describe: gnus-message-setup-hook,
but there may be a more specific way for washing in particular.

Ted