On Sunday,  2 Jul 2023 at 16:59, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> If everyone's hitting this with NNTP servers, you can set
> `nntp-connection-timeout' to a number of seconds. It is nil by default,
> which I guess would result in permanent hangs.

So this works, in the sense that it stops me waiting forever... However,
it seems (early days yet) that when it fails to open the connection to
an NNTP server, it stops retrieving news and I have to hit 'g' again to
get the counts etc. updated for other servers.  But much better than
waiting forever.

Thank you,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-06-29) on Debian 12.0