Lance writes:
>Does anyone know the steps on a windows 2000 Professional box to get a
>default setting for IE.  If there is no default, all users set up a new
>Internet connection and that is seeming to be a problem.

Dan Hesse, Storm Lake, Responds...

We currently use a customized internet explorer.  The install of the
customized IE6 creates the default IE settings for every user.  We use
IEAK (internet explorer administrators kit) to create it. This way we get
all the bells and whistles and a customized icon - a spinning tornado.

However, if you want a quick and simple solution, just create a user. Log
in as that user. Change any settings for IE, desktop, power, whatever it
is you want customized as a default for everyone. Then log out and log
back on as the administrator.

Open My Computer, and navigate to the C:\ drive, or whichever drive has
win2k installed.  Make sure you can view hidden files (tools,folder
options,view hidden files).

Navigate to Documents and Settings folder, and find the folder for the
user you just created and customized.

Open the folder, click Edit & Select All, click edit again and copy.

Now go up one level and locate the Default User, folder. Open it, click
edit and paste.  Overwrite files= Yes to All

Now all new users will get those settings.