It will keep a constant reference but it doesn't automatically copy from one column to the next. I do believe that is what she wants it to do. She can't do a copy/paste because then the individual student data would copy as well causing more work than it's worth. Thus proving that a one touch button macro would save time and less likelihood for error.
Polly

Hi,

I am the tech for Northeast Hamilton CSD.

To keep a formula from automatically being increased by one row or cell, you
need to put the $ symbol in front of the cell or row reference. That will
keep it a constant reference.

Sincerely,

Edward Stephenson

Technology Solutions For Home And Business 502 2nd Street - PO Box 99 - Williams, IA 50271 Phone and Fax: 515-854-2285 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Website: http://www.advantage-systems.com Build And Update Your Website From Anywhere With a Browser: http://www.advantagesite.com eStore Options Also Available!

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thompson, Caroline Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 12:44 PM To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' Subject: [info-tech] Excel Question

Hello everyone! Hope summer is going well.....

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I want to use as a template during
registration. But, there is a problem:

I have info in column A, (which will not change).
Column B will be filled in as parents come in and register. (Students name,
book fees, etc.) I have formula's set up in column B in two cells. When the
current parent is finished and walks away, I need to Insert a new column B
so that the previous colum B becomes Column C, then D, then E, etc.
etc. as new parents come along. Here's the problem: When I insert a
new column B, the formula's move on with what is now "column C." Does
anyone know of a way to force my formula to remain a constant in the cells
in column B?

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

Caroline Thompson
Humboldt

Polly Saxton, Office Associate for Technology
Arrowhead AEA Technology Center
1407 Tower Drive
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Phone: 515-574-5534