Scott,
I thought were on vacation!! :)
Polly

Caroline,

I am not sure what you are going to do with the data after you have collected it. If you plan on exporting the data to other programs it would work better to have the information organized in row instead of columns. Also I am not sure if sorting works horizontally in excel either.

Although Excel will work, This type of data collection would work better with a database instead of a spreadsheet. I could help you put together a simple Filemaker Pro database that would be simple for the parents to enter information, and be able to produce reports and export information for other programs.

If you are just asking for basic information a database can be put together in a couple of hours.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: "Thompson, Caroline" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:43:58 -0500

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I want to use as a template during
registration. But, there is a problem:

I have info in column A, (which will not change).
Column B will be filled in as parents come in and register. (Students name,
book fees, etc.) I have formula's set up in column B in two cells.
When the current parent is finished and walks away, I need to Insert a new
column B so that the previous colum B becomes Column C, then D, then E, etc.
etc. as new parents come along. Here's the problem: When I insert a
new column B, the formula's move on with what is now "column C." Does
anyone know of a way to force my formula to remain a constant in the cells
in column B?

Polly Saxton, Office Associate for Technology
Arrowhead AEA Technology Center
1407 Tower Drive
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Phone: 515-574-5534