[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>We have to bypass the entire system to be able
>to get onto the web site, which for us is unacceptable.

Ditto.  I was afraid it was just me.

FWIW, Dr. Phye has heard these concerns and _is_ listening, thus the new
server. He's (his team, rather, is) trying to do multiple instances of
webservers on the same box, thus the bizarre ports.  He suggests that with
the new server this issue will be resolved.  He says he will also be relay
our request for standard ports to other teams (ITAP & such) that use
strange server ports.

Steve Scarbrough, Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District
419 Lake Avenue
Storm Lake, IA  50588
712.732.8100   fax:8101