We only allow e-mailing before and after school.  It was a mess years ago when we let the kids e-mail.  Some kids spent their entire day at school trying to figure out how to access a computer to check their e-mail.  Teachers avoided pausing during their lectures, because someone would be sure to interrupt and ask to go to the lab or use the computer.  Drove me up a tree!  We do make exceptions for school work, but it’s a case by case basis one e-mail at a time.

Sarah M. Freking

Bishop Garrigan High School

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pendry, Charlton
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 11:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [info-tech] students and email

Would like to know from you this fall – Do you:

1.                   Issue email accounts to students?

2.                   Give students access to their personal hotmail accounts from school?

I’ll send out these results.

Thanks,

C.

Charlton Pendry

Director of Technology and Library Media Services

Fort Dodge Community Schools

104 S. 17th St.

Fort Dodge, IA  50501

Voice: (515) 574-5668