-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Steven Scarbrough
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 12:01 PM
To: Tammy Dawson
Subject: budgets

Hope this helps some - we pull from any budget we can.
1/2 time tech person at every building to do "first call," plus two FTE
techies, plus me, the tech coord.

Makes me feel rich, having all this support.  If only they still didn't feel
so overwhelmed nonetheless.

FYI, our Instructional Support budget is fluid - nothing spent on desktop
hardware unless it breaks - servers and infrastructure furst, which is
bleeding us over time.  Desktops beginning to break regularly.

What I ask for is $200,000.00/year so we can begin a lease program.  But
they haven't taken the bait thus far. What I get is about 1/10 of that, and
only as things break.  (Please keep this part private if you don't mind.) I
got that number by taking the
total # of computers, ball-parked at $1000.00 each, split by 3, added in a
year for servers and printers and software to do a four-year cycle.

I think it's do-able.  But the roof leaks, etc. so I wait.

Cheers, and good luck,

Steve Scarbrough
Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District