Greetings, all! Last night I switched 2 hubs out of one of my elementary buildings with switches (Allied Telesyn 8024). Logically speaking, of course, I thought I could unplug the cat 5 cables from the hubs, and then into the switch. WRONG! I have some computers from each switch connecting to the network, while others do not. Each switch is directly plugged into a core switch that receives the network from the HS. I am getting no indication of any type of network problems. Some computers will connect if I switch them to a wireless connection, however, not all have this capability. Running MACS (please, no bashing) & either new eMacs or 5200's . . . The word switch has taken on a whole new meaning with me, and is beginning to turn my demeanor into a word that rhymes with switch. (Please, somebody, ask me to work on your school computer you took home that isn't working right . . .) :-) Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
-Jackie

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the algona.k12.ia.us server.]