Jackie Fonley wrote:

Greetings, all! Last night I switched 2 hubs out of one of my elementary buildings with switches (Allied Telesyn 8024). Logically speaking, of course, I thought I could unplug the cat 5 cables from the hubs, and then into the switch. WRONG! I have some computers from each switch connecting to the network, while others do not. Each switch is directly plugged into a core switch that receives the network from the HS. I am getting no indication of any type of network problems. Some computers will connect if I switch them to a wireless connection, however, not all have this capability. Running MACS (please, no bashing) & either new eMacs or 5200's . . . The word switch has taken on a whole new meaning with me, and is beginning to turn my demeanor into a word that rhymes with switch. (Please, somebody, ask me to work on your school computer you took home that isn't working right . . .) :-) Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
-Jackie

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the algona.k12.ia.us server.]

Different direction.... could it be an issue of appletalk being selected (on the workstation) and not "pure" TCP with the idea that the switch does not have the protocol for it?

------If you didn't miss all those days for having a chance of weather, teachers won't need to take machines home in the first place.

Murray Gafkjen
CCE

- I'd rather stay home with my 2 year old than spend the day with all the 2 year olds at the highschool.