I think we sometimes need to realize that not all of us only wear one hat in
the school and can spend that much time on one thing.  I agree that we need to
open up the tech meetings to various topics that might not be as important to
some of the self-proclaimed tech gurus.  There are some of us that are not as
advanced as others.  I think I can speak for some of the other smaller schools
that are not as technology inclined as others. In the defense of others, not
all of us are able to attend ITEC and other tech conferences due to the
multiple hats we all wear. I would love to attend ITEC, but don't really get
the time off.  I remember on time that everyone complained that our tech
meetings were always about standards/benchmarks and things that no one was
really interested in.  I guess I may be off base totally, but maybe we could
adapt our meetings and do some more realistic topics.  Some of us still use the
2 platforms and others may use only MACs or PCs.  I figured that I should
express my opinion for the "not so techie techs".
  If I have offended anyone I apologize.  Our old Superintendent once asked how
come I did not request to go to tech meetings anymore.  I simply told him that
what was being discussed does not relate to our school.  Not only because we
are smaller, but also because we cannot afford all the bells and whistles that
others can afford.

I apologize the venting session, but I just felt that this needed to be said.
If I have stepped over the line or offended anyone, please forgive me.  I just
needed to step up and help the little people.

Have a great day.

Mike

Michael A. Linde
Athletic Director / Technology Director