At the risk of putting my foot in my mouth again...
----------
To piggy-back on Lance's comments, check out these two options if you like free
or cheap.

Free...
http://www.magnolia.info/en/community.html
http://ez.no/ez_publish/

        Particularly note how easy it is to add accounts and publish pages from
forms. (see screenshots) in these 2 Content Management Systems.
        Runs on Mac or PC hardware, Mac, Linux, or Windows OS.
        So with free Linux and free software you can get exactly what these
services offer you.  Well, almost. But it's free.

Cheap...
Macromedia DreamWeaver - comes with CSS templates.  Get one copy for $50.49
Link it to Macromedia's Contribute.  $15.00/license (whoops - apparently it
went up to $45.39)
        Contribute locks in the users to limit editing to specific parts of the
pages, more so specific styles (font, size, color, emphasis). It looks like a
browser. As they find a page to edit, they click _edit_ and do so, then click
_publish_.  Or NewPage,
to create a new page - a prompt comes up asking whether you want a link _to it_
from another page.
        So with a one copy per building/department you can get fine-tuned
editing.
This is what we use in Storm Lake. The single style keeps our site the same -
for the most part.
Then we offer links to the Student Site for the Web Class or sites that opt for
more autonomy. The front page of the site matches this way, which offers the
"marketing presence:" a district-approved look and feel. The hard part is
coming up with that
"district look."  Gets fast into personal taste, which will never satisfy
everyone. We hired an artist who offered three flavors for choosing.

Steve Scarbrough
Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District
712.732.8100   fax:8101