From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Lance Lennon
Sent: Wed 6/8/2005 8:05 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] Apple on Intel

The Darwin kernel has run on Intel since its inception.  The GUI was not
available on the Intel platform so it was all CLI.

As far as thinking that you could run OS X on a PC, that is probably not
going to be true right out of the box. There will probably be safeguards
against non apple branded equipment. Having said that, it is not impossible
to believe that it can not be ported that way if it can run on Intel and
since most parts is just parts.  There are kids running Linux on X Boxes in
the world so nothing is impossible

This is the joy of open source.  Perhaps Microsoft should be taking notes
--
"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    ~Albert Einstein

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the server02.aea8.k12.ia.us server.]

<<winmail.dat>>