From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Jerry Smith
Sent: Wed 6/8/2005 2:39 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] Apple on Intel

Nope, hardware RAID. I've never used software RAID at all.I set it up so that
all of the Linux Machines have the same /home folder. Even the dual-boot
systems. I put slackware on everything because the links from the home folder
are all the same. I could have (and probably will have a few Mepis boxes)

As for the debian distros, you really can't beat Mepis for the package system.
Its still my favorite. Even Ubuntu has some good things, but it doesn't have
the upgrade system Mepis has. I haven't installed debian itself for a few years
since those knock-off distros are so easy.