While at NECC in Philadelphia I attended the keynote address by David Weinberger.  His presentation, "The New Shape of Knowledge'" would suggest that we in education have to be very, very careful of who gets to be the gatekeepers of 'knowledge' in our schools.  While he realizes the importance of security, he also stresses the importance of using technologies such as blogs that allow students to learn from "many" versus a few (textbook, lecture, etc).  He made the statement that "knowledge is the conversation".  It was an interesting approach to thinking about knowledge, learning and technology and you can see the webcast at

A bit of a tangent I realize, but it is worth consideration as you move forward...

Nancy