See... http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/07062005_1583.htm

While this proposed bill (above) seems to be a reaction to identity theft in
business, I wonder what concerns we schools should consider, other than FERPA?
(http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html)

Is it enough to only think about a family's right to contest innacurate info?
That is, what steps should be taken at schools to _protect_ information?  How
far should one go?  To what extent are we responsible for security-- are we
liable?
(Particularly when school I.T. is traditionally under-funded [IMHO])

Any thoughts?

Steve Scarbrough
Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District