----- Original Message -----
From: "Bud Carruthers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "AVCoop Customer list list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [iec-coop] From 3M: M1800 OverHead Projector Series Cover
Quality

I received a call from 3M this morning about the 1800 series overhead
projector problem with the fresnel lens falling out.

The service representative indicated that they were aware of the
problem and are now inspecting every 1800 series projector before it is
sent out to customers.
She also included the following letter from 3M:

On Oct 28, 2005, at 10:03 AM, 3M wrote:

> Dear 3M Valued Customer:
>
> 3M Visual Systems has recently become aware of a quality anomaly with
> recent production of certain 3MTM Overhead Projector 1800 Series
> machines.
> We are currently investigating the issue which we believe to be
> associated
> with the molded top cover.  In limited instances, we have observed
> cracking
> and breaking of the posts for the Fresnel clips on the underside of
> the top
> cover.  The problem was not detectable in the manufacturing process.
> Please be assured that we are giving this matter our top priority.  In
> the
> best interest of our customers, we have taken steps to limit shipment
> of
> questionable product.
>
> We regret any inconvenience to our customers.  Please be assured that
> 3M
> stands behind our warranty.  All affected products will be repaired or
> replaced at no cost to you.   If you have product that exhibits this
> anomaly, please contact your local area 3M rep or call 1-800-328-1371
> for
> customer service assistance.
>
> John Kushner, National Sales Manager
> 3M Visual Systems

Bud Carruthers, IEC Coordinator  x1157
3601 West Avenue Road, Box 1065
Burlington, Ia 52601
319-753-6561
319-752-7525 Fax to my office

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the mail.co-op.k12.ia.us server.]