Techs:

            While visiting with some tech people I found out that they don’t send error reports to Microsoft when they have a problem. That’s too bad because I’ve had most of my issues solved in the return information from Microsoft. About 90% of the time the problem involves the need for an updated driver and the returned information will take you to the correct website and most of the time the correct driver update. I was surprised to find that some people were not using this service. A couple of years ago when I tried this service, it wasn’t much help. Since then, they have built up an extensive database that is quite helpful. As far as I know, the error report only connects you to the right information needed to fix a problem. I’ve had no negative by using it. Maybe other people have had negative results but I haven’t. The next time you get the screen “Send an error report?”, try it.

George