From: Nancy at Microsoft
Subject: Windows Vista Activation in Education Webcast - May 3rd - 1- 2:30
Central - Action Needed

Hello -

of questions and confusion that is taking place in the market on the new
software activation requirements for Vista, we have scheduled a Live Meeting
for May 3rd.

I need your help in disseminating the invite for this webcast to your
customers/members.  This is an important area for many and this forum will
provide the opportunity to hear from the product experts who will review
activation options and best practices for deployment within education
environments.

The session will be recorded and made available on the Consortia Portal, which
we are on track to launch first of May.  Look for meeting request from me
shortly where we will review the new Consortia website, its content, and put
our Quarterly Consortia Business Update calls on the calendar for the next
school year.

Also on another hot topic from the summit:  2007 product media is now shipping
for the Student Select program!

Any questions, please let me know.

Thank you!
Nancy

You are invited to join the
Windows Vista Volume Activation Overview
"Everything You Need and Want to Know"
Live Meeting Webcast for Education Customers

May 3rd, 2007 - 1:00 to 2:30 pm. Central Time

Understand key changes made to product activation and get your questions
answered by Microsoft
Learn about resources available to support your deployment efforts
Register Now:
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032338170&Culture=en-US
Presentation URL:
https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/msevents/join?id=1032338170&role=attend&pw=K2GB3Q

Are you ready?
Given the changes around software activation with the Vista release, many
customers have questions and are not certain of the new process or best
practices to deploy within their education environment.  We will talk through
these options and share best practices in this area.

v  Volume Activation

v  Key Management Service/Multiple Activation Key - understanding your options

v  Software Protection Platform

v  Common Design Scenarios for the Education Environment

There are many resources available to help answer your questions and support
your migration efforts.  An updated Resource Guide will be forwarded to all
registrants

We will also be giving away a limited number of the following resources:

Vista Product Guide - A comprehensive feature-by-feature guide - the definitive
resource to learn about Vista

Vista Plain and Simple - Learn how to get things done simply in Vista - ISBN#
9780735622685
Windows Vista offers value to you and your school
With the right OS, you can spend less time dealing with problems and more time
focusing on meeting the needs of your educational community The Windows Vista
operating system can help you:

v  Keep your PCs running smoothly and more securely with less IT support

v  Enhance communication and collaboration among students, teachers,
administrators, and parents

v  Connect students and educators to the information and resources they need

v  Improve your flexibility and use of resources

v  Finally, lower the cost of deploying, managing, and supporting your schools
PCs by helping you to optimize your desktop infrastructure.

There is a wealth of information and resources available to assist you in
planning, deploying and understanding Windows Vista.  We will point you to some
of the best.