From: "Pearson, Jeremy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:37 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] fyi-school alerts

Everyone-

All of this took me by surprise the other day, as I heard about first on KCCI
News in the morning.  I knew the state was piloting software like this, but
hadn't heard anything more on it until last week.

Anyway, we have signed up, and I have my account created.  Everything is done
through the state's web portal, which is the same portal for parents and
administrators.  Once your account is created, you contact the state and they
finish the setup.  You can add alerts for the just the district, or break it
down by school building.  So, if you only had an issue at one building, you can
let just those people signed up for those alerts know.  To create a
notification, you login, create alert and verify it.  On my tests, only to a
few contacts, the messages appear in under a minute.

Once we have all of our people that need to send alerts signed up and setup, we
will put out information on our website, newsletters and the Messenger.  The
state has even provided media releases and cut sheets with all of the
information on it.

For free, it looks pretty good.

Jeremy