I received some information regarding Accelerated Reader and the Enterprise version recently. I noticed it's web based, with access to ALL quizzes available (no more $3/quiz), along with vocabulary and math skill building available as well (and to all lower levels). Currently, our 4-5 building uses it, as well as our 6-8. The 4-5 is set up using a network based approach, the 6-8 is stand alone on a few extra ("older") computers set up in language art rooms. This was all set up before me time, and I am now interested in either combining the databases, going web based, or other options available to me I don't know about.

Unless we merge buildings, I was told I cannot combine the databases. (And it appears as if the tests are specifically "coded" for each building.) The 6-8 teachers are fearful of a web based application because they want kids to only use it on the computers in their room. Both use it as a part of their reading curriculum (from what I understand). We also purchased SuccessMaker several years ago to use with our non proficient and special education populations to build on reading, vocabulary and math skills. This is a network set up, but needs the OS 9 to boot up--which they are no longer supporting--in which case we will need to upgrade as we replace computers with newer ones.

I'm just curious as to what others are using in regard to Accelerated Reader, and any advantages/disadvantages to any of the options mentioned above. If the Enterprise has Math, Vocabulary, Reading software, and is part of the AR already being used . . . It seems silly to support multiple vendor based programs that do the same thing in essence (maybe). Esp. is stuff is web based. Also, is anyone using the Scholastic Read180 software instead? I know their doing their demo at the end of the month, but again, just looking for feedback.
Thanks in advance for any info, and stay safe and warm!
-Jackie