515.827.5418 (W)
515.209.9767 (C)
515.827.5368 (F)

On Sep 11, 2008, at 8:46 AM, Jason Kehoe wrote:

Karl,
I see it is happening on more than one printer. Are they the same model of printer? The common link might be the driver used to print. Maybe try to download and install a new printer driver and see if that helps. Do the corrupt print jobs have a lot of graphics? I would try to see what print jobs became corrupt and see if there is a common link(Like picture). Also, connect a Mac to print directly to it, bypassing the printer server, an see if the corruption still happens. I'm just throwing ideas and thought out
there for you. Good luck!

--Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
On Behalf Of Karl Hehr
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:27 AM
To: Info-Tech
Subject: [info-tech] Corrupt Print jobs

Ok, I think I have a nearly impossible issue to track down.  I am
getting service errors on my HP printers (as in more than  one). This
service error points to corrupt print jobs. I have clients using 10.5
and 10.4 with a 10.4.6 server hosting the print queues.   It appears
to be rather random in occurrence.  I thought it was just on my
wireless network, but for the last day or so it has been coming from
my wired environment too. What confounds me is that it is not machine
or client specific. I am still looking into it, but I would love some
suggestions. Thanks!

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD