Oops, sorry, I addressed that last email to Layne when it should have gone
to Chad.  Thanks for the info!

Tim

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us]
On Behalf Of Frerichs, Chad
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 10:17 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] student email

It takes some time. I go through and look at the subjects and if it doesn't
have one or has a questionable one I look at the message. Most have
reasonable subjects and I can go through the list pretty quickly. I also
make a random sampling of all of them as I go along just in case they are
being clever. Once the students think I read each and every one of them,
they are pretty good about not abusing it. Most things that are school
related have file attachments with assignment names. I have gotten pretty
good at expediting the process. I just learned what to look for. In case I
miss something that might come up later, all is archived as well. Keep in
mind that it really is for academic purposes only and I shut off their
accounts if they abuse it at all. They learned pretty quickly that I wasn't
kidding.

Chad Frerichs

Director Of Technology

Okoboji Community Schools