From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On
Behalf Of Jason Kehoe
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 4:07 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] Wireless networks. [Spam score:8%]

I saw this in a forum, but have never tried it. Looks like it might work.

--Jason

The problem of denying the domain users to connect to a specific SSID is solved
by GPOs.

1 - We will ally a GPO that denies connection to AdHoc
networks<http://wireless.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/wireless-networks-l/block-ssid-from-domain-users-1625190>.
2 - The SSID (infrastructure) that we do not want to be used by the Domain
Computers will be defined in the
WLAN<http://wireless.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/wireless-networks-l/block-ssid-from-domain-users-1625190>
 connections on the PC's
3 - This SSID will be set to AdHoc mode in the Domain Computers.