515.827.5418 (W)
515.209.9767 (C)
515.827.5368 (F)

On Feb 6, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Jason Kehoe wrote:

Karl,
The student's document shouldn't be lost. All they need to do is log into the PC they were actually on. Unless you have a deep freeze like solution
that wipes any changes, Windows have local profile that stays on the
machine. If student A sits at the same PC every day, then the changes and files saved to the desktop will be there every time they log in. If they goes to another PC, that PC creates another local profile. So, look on the
machine the document was saved on. You just might find it.

--Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us ]
On Behalf Of Karl Hehr
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:57 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] Windows bound to a OSX Server

Really that makes sense, and I have no problem with just saying save
to the Z Drive, but I had a kid the other day save a document to the
desktop instead of the z drive and lost his work.  I didn't really
feel to bad about it, just wanted to see if I could prevent it from
happening again.

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD