Forwarded messae from the IEC.......Harriet

Jerry Cochrane, Coordinator
Iowa Educators Consortium
1120 33rd Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, IA  52404

Phone: 319-399-6741, (800) 798-9771, Ext. 6741
Fax: 319-399-6474
Email: jcochr...@gwaea.org
IEC Website: www.iec-ia.org

Microsoft  Update - Fresh Start Program

The Microsoft ³Fresh Start Program² program is being discontinued effective
March 27, 2009.

If your district is receiving donated PC¹s and would like to apply for the
Fresh Start Program to obtain media, books and licenses for Win2k please do
so immediately. The applications will be accepted through March 27, 2009.

Information is provided at:
https://www.microsoft.com/Education/Freshstart/FSSplash.aspx

Thank you for your inquiry about the Fresh Start For Donated Computers
Program (Fresh Start).  From its inception the Fresh Start Program was
expected to meet its objectives by 2009. Having provided the means for
ensuring legal Windows operating systems on donated computers at no cost for
K-12 accredited academic institutions around the world, we have decided to
shift our emphasis to other areas beginning in July 2009. With the
retirement of Fresh Start, here is some information you need to be aware of:
* Applications to the Fresh Start Program and orders will no longer be
accepted as of March 27, 2009.
* Orders taken prior to March 27, 2009 will still be honored and processed.
All such orders will be fulfilled no later than May 15, 2009.
* All customer support will remain intact until May 29, 2009. After that
date, we ask you to contact the Community Microsoft Authorized Refurbishers
(Community MAR) program as a possible alternative to your needs. You can
find information on this program at www.microsoft.com/communitymar

There is a detailed FAQ and an email and phone number listed should you have
additional questions after reading the Web page.

community...@techsoup.org <mailto:community...@techsoup.org>
(800)659-3579 x350

Nancy J. Ramsey
Central Region
K-12 Academic Account Manager

6050 Oak Tree Blvd., Ste. 300, Independence, Ohio 44131
Cell Phone   440-5541