After reading Bud's post that it may work through the document camera itself . . . I tested one before I left last night and I was able to hook the computer up to the doc cam, the doc cam to the projector -- and control the input device via the document camera. And it all seemed to work!
Whew!
On Sep 1, 2009, at 11:26 PM, Murphy, Mark wrote:

We use a couple different models of video switchers in our smart classroom setups. We use the now discontinued infocus N4 and a discontinued AVmedia model. Neither of those products accepts 2 vga inputs. You would needed a powered switch box like http:// www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=3117&sku=39962#. I don't know about your model of camera, but a lot of the new ones have vga pass through, you just hook the computer right up to the camera and then hook the camera to the projector.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us on behalf of Lance Lennon
Sent: Tue 9/1/2009 2:29 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] projector inputs

Jackie,

It sounds like you want multiple inputs to go to one input on the projector.

I am not sure of the device, but Webster City and others use them in the classrooms so that teachers cna choose to project the computer, DVD player and or document camera. I think that a splitter takes one VGA signal and
allows 2 outputs, while I read that you want two inputs to one source.

Lance

<winmail.dat>